life goal: to become april ludgate
actual scene from Sunday
Raúl Esparza in Pushing Daisies 1x03
sincerely, a person who has been on prozac for 9 years
this is in response to some shitty stuff i’ve seen on my dash recently. it’s super simplified, so if you’d like to know some more indepth stuff on how exactly it works, google it—OR BETTER YET actually talk to a mental health doctor psychiatrist person wow
Meds are super useful to a lot of people.
Also, don’t pressure people to take meds or not take meds. Meds are a personal decision.
I’m on generic Effexor for my anxiety and depression issues. It’s an SNRI (serotonin-noradrenaline reuptake inhibitor) meaning that it works the same way as an SSRI only on two neurotransmitters instead of one. I’m still working on finding the right dosage and there are stressful things in my life going on right now that make it difficult to see whether or not I’m getting better, but I have noticed that I am less anxious and more functional in my daily life since I started meds. so it really bums me out when people spread misinformation about medication, like when people use the word “dependent,” or act like people who take meds are taking the easy way out, or ever say anything about “popping pills.” managing my issues with anxiety and depression is still very difficult and the medication helps me, like, not want to die. there is nothing shameful or wrong about taking medication for a mental illness!
EXACTLY THIS A+ COMMENTARY.
I only covered SSRIs specifically because they’re the only ones that I have personal experience with but OH MY GOD THANK YOU FOR ADDING INFORMATION ABOUT SNRIs.
I hate that I’m living in a world where I’m literally afraid to tell people that I’m on medication that literally saved my life when I was ten years old. I HATE that I’m living in a world where I’m afraid of people instantly discounting my opinions or thinking of me as “lesser” just because I happen to take medication for a mental illness.
there is nOTHING AT ALL wrong with taking medication for a mental illness and i will fight tooth and fucking nail to erase the stigma that goes along with taking meds for brain problems
If you decide meds like this aren’t for you, there are plenty of natural vitamin supplements that also work! I’m on Trancor and Seratone for anxiety and depression and they’ve been working really well for me!
Hannibal x The Shining
- how we gonna pay how we gonna pay how we gonna pay LAST YEAR’S RENNNNT
- SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEOOOOORGE
- TWO FOUR SIX OH ONEEEEE
- I BELIEVEEEEEE that Satan has a hold of you I BELIEVEEEEE that the lord God has sent me here and I BELIEVEEEEE
- RIIIIIIIISE RIIIIIIIIISE RIIIIIIIIIISE RIIIIIIIIIIISE RIIIIIIIIIIIIIISE
- kiss today goodBYEEEEE
- its the LAAAAST MIDNIGHT so goodBYEEEE ALLLL
- but the WORLD WAITS im alive at last and im full of JOYYYYY
- and all that JAAAAAAZZZZzzzz
- I want to be RAIN BOW HIIIIIIIIIIGH
- LIFE IS A CAB-AR-RETTTTTTT
- I’m flying highhhhhh defYYYYYYYing gravity (i mean if you can hit that F. If you can, good for you. i hate you. we all hate you. get away from me)